FAPRI-MU in the News
- Posted on: March 2, 2016
- FAPRI Staff Receive Multiple Awards
FAPRI staff have received three awards within a few weeks. First, Pat Westhoff and Peter Zimmel received the Texas A&M Vice Chancellor’s Award in Excellence in conjunction with AFPC at Texas A&M on January 14, 2016. See full story here: http://today.agrilife.org/2016/01/14/ag-policy-analysis-and-education-team-receives-vice-chancellors-award/. Then, Pat Westhoff, Peter Zimmel, and Scott Gerlt received […]
- Posted on:
- Pat Westhoff Presents to Senate Ag Appropriations Subcommittee Roundtable
Pat Westhoff presented to the U.S. Senate Agricultural Appropriations Subcommittee roundtable on March 1, 2016 in Washington, DC. Dr. Westhoff’s full presentation is available here. Or, see the article in Farm Policy here: http://farmpolicy.com/2016/03/02/ag-economy-senate-ag-appropriations-subcommittee-roundtable/.
- Posted on: February 29, 2016
- “Cash in on Cheaper Gas”
Jarrett Whistance provided data for a recent article on gasoline prices. See full story here: http://www.agweb.com/top-producer/article/cash-in-on-cheaper-gas-naa-sara-schafer/.
- Posted on: January 20, 2016
- FAPRI Staff Receives Award from Texas A&M
Pat Westhoff and Peter Zimmel received the Texas A&M Vice Chancellor’s Award in Excellence in conjunction with AFPC at Texas A&M on January 14, 2016. See full story here: http://today.agrilife.org/2016/01/14/ag-policy-analysis-and-education-team-receives-vice-chancellors-award/.
- Posted on: December 15, 2015
- “Faris and Stanton Named MFB Ambassadors”
Nora Faris, a FAPRI-MU undergraduate, was selected as a 2016 Missouri Farm Bureau Ambassador during the organization’s 101st annual meeting. The article is available here.
- Posted on: December 12, 2015
- “A United Cause: CAFNR Administrator Joins UN-sponsored Advisory Board to Improve Agriculture and Food Systems in Eastern Europe and Central Asia”
FAPRI employees Kateryna Schroeder and Willi Meyers were recently asked to be a part of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Regional Strategic Thinking Process Advisory Board for Eastern Europe and Central Asia. See the story at: http://cafnrnews.com/2015/12/a-united-cause/.
- Posted on: June 16, 2015
- “Corn, Soy, Wheat Growers Opt for Farm Law’s Revenue Subsidy”
Ag Insider article by Chuck Abbott, June 16, 2015. Available at http://foodenvironmentreportingnetwork.cmail1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/63D9AE70EF67B0512540EF23F30FEDED/66911FBB5477089DD57E886DBB2F7C8E.
- Posted on: March 26, 2015
- “Too Early to Condemn Farm Bill for High Costs”
POLITICO article by David Rogers, March 26, 2015. Available at http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/politico-analysis-farm-bill-cost-116406.html.
- Posted on: March 11, 2015
- “Wednesday Morning Update: Policy Issues-Ag Economy; Regulations; and, Trade”
FarmPolicy.com article by Keith Good, March 11, 2015. Available at http://farmpolicy.com/2015/03/11/wednesday-morning-update-policy-issues-ag-economy-regulations-and-trade/.
- Posted on: March 10, 2015
- “Think Tank Says U.S. Farm Bill Payments to Peak with 2015 Crop”
Reuters article by Christine Stebbins on March 10, 2015. Available at http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/10/us-usa-agriculture-fapri-idUSKBN0M61UD20150310.
- Posted on: March 9, 2015
- “Payments to Producers to Rise Under New Farm Bill Program”
Agri-Pulse article by Philip Brasher on March 9, 2015. Available at http://www.agri-pulse.com/Paymentso-to-producers-to-rise-under-new-farm-bill-programs-03092015.asp.
- Posted on:
- “CBO, FAPRI March Baseline Updates”
FarmPolicy.com article by Keith Good on March 9, 2015. Available at http://farmpolicy.com/2015/03/09/cbo-fapri-march-baseline-updates/.
- Posted on: February 17, 2015
- “FAPRI-MU Raises Corn and Soybean Prices”
Brownfield Ag News article by Julie Harker, February 17th, 2015. Available at http://brownfieldagnews.com/2015/02/17/fapri-mu-raises-corn-soybean-prices/
- Posted on: February 5, 2015
- 2015 Abner Womack Missouri Agriculture Outlook & Breimyer Policy Seminar
A discussion of the outlook for the farm economy and some initial thoughts about the new farm bill and other policy developments was held on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 from 10 am to 3 pm at the Bradford Technology Transfer Center, Bradford Research Farm (4968 Rangeline Road) in Columbia, […]
- Posted on: October 27, 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill Information
Click here for the 2014 Farm Bill Decision Aid This suite of integrated tools can help you make the choices required for participation in the 2014 Farm Bill and crop insurance decisions. The decision aid tools include: – Yield update – Base acre reallocation – Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC-Co […]